domenica 12 maggio 2019

FAR DAYS




Dedicated to my very friend and stepfather
JOHN HARPER
(and Uncle Gandalle "Alle")
with all my love "dad" John


FAR DAYS
- Do you resent that rush on the lighthouse deck while that giant wave is taking up all the space? -
- Hahaha yes, yes, but I remember being breathless when we arrived on the side of the mainland, I was in a sweat or seawater bath? -
- Witty, it was a mixture. I remember feeling the salty taste on my lips and the scent of the ocean that seemed terribly big to me. -
- It's still frighteningly big, can't you see? -
- Oh you are right but it is so blue and calm comparison then that gives me another feeling ... Why are you laughing silly? -
- I laugh because we see it with old eyes .... -
- Old you will be John ... -
- But if we do two hundred and sixty years in two, Alle ... Of a little, would you go back? -
- Never, I like memories. I would return only if I could be reborn and not like ... I meant not to go back just a few decades. I would like to start a different life and you know it well. -
- I know my dear friend, but now our moons are many, maybe and who knows if tomorrow we will return here or on another planet, when we leave from the beloved land. -
- Who knows ... Look at John that sail over there, it looks like the one that had put Giampaolo in Karuv ... Hahaha but what am I saying? That was a game. -
- For us it wasn't and maybe not even for Giampaolo and Stuart ... It was like they were my children, I don't know there was anything in that game that made me feel good ... Giampaolo and Stuart, they're fine, they sent me some mail the other day. -
- Who do you say John, I was the real Alle ... Really? Say hi to them, tell them ... Uncle Alle always thinks about them even though I became Methuselah-
- Change address otherwise I cry drowned by memories, Giampaolo now lives by the sea as well as Stuart ... -
- Strangely, we too, by the way, thanks for coming here to visit me, I don't know how many moons we'll have in front of but it's always nice to meet friends of a lifetime, or rather two different lives hahaha. -
- You are right! Listen, do we take a run on the jetty like that? -
- Come on, you'll never make it, you're too old hahaha. -
- Well I'll walk fast with you like that then ok? -
- Okay my dear friend ... Ready and go. -
John gets up and grabs the wheelchair where Alle is sitting and where he has spent his whole life and with a slow walk, they go towards the pier with the lighthouse of that time, always the same. Towards the smell of the sea, towards the smell of salt air and towards distant memories.
Giampaolo Daccò Dos Lerèn.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento