venerdì 31 maggio 2019

LETTER OF LOVE OF GRANDPA PAOLO TO GRANDMA VITTORIA




Milan, April 23, 1929

For you, my beloved
My sweet Victoria
In that morning from the blue sky,
while the golden rays of the sun
they peeked from the shutters
and you had opened your eyes on me
for the first time, I knew immediately that,
I would never have left you from my heart again.

It had always begun to beat
more in my chest
as soon as you smiled at me and
kissing you gently, I thought:
I finally have in my arms
the brightest star in the universe.

My mind, looking at you,
wandered in distant fantasies:
I saw myself running with you on the lawns,
hugging each other sitting on the grass by the river
and let the cool water
lapping at us gently,
while I ardently kissed your lips
so sweet, tender and passionate.

Dear my love, my passion
my heart, my Victory,
you were mine, you were my soul, my woman,
my everything and my salvation.
I dreamed of having so many children,
a house of our own,
to give you everything that I feel in my soul,
I wanted to give my life for you.

I had always heard a beating of wings in my heart
as soon as I heard your voice,
like a dream of love
suddenly bloomed,
on that morning three years ago,
when we first saw each other.

You, my star, my everything,
you gave yourself to me
after our church promise,
with all the love and passion
and from this love I am sure,
other wonderful stars will be born
that will brighten our lives.

The happiness of having you, of knowing you are close,
to find you every time I come home,
see your smile, your blue eyes
and your hugs, make me feel unique,
a man who was lucky
to have found the star in his life.

I would like to ask you to love me forever
despite my sometimes difficult nature.
To love me forever because
my heart and my soul
without you it would be destroyed with pain,
because all my thoughts
they are turned to our immense love.

I thank you for what you have given me,
give me and you will give me forever,
thank you my love, my heart
for the dedication, for the abnegation,
for all this love,
so sweet and so immense.

I would like to write you many more things, but ...
I would just like to say two words,
sweet, like a flight of angels,
like a ray of summer sun,
like a spring breeze.

Only two words that enclose the immense
and the joy I feel standing by you
everyday:
I LOVE YOU

Yours forever, Paolo.


(Revised by Giampaolo Daccò Dos Lerèn)
(Photo Unknown)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento