mercoledì 24 febbraio 2021

I SHOULD HAVE ACCOMPANIED YOU HOME THAT EVENING


I SHOULD HAVE ACCOMPANIED YOU HOME THAT EVENING



The sunset is falling over the big city, in that big street full of shops, lights and colored shop windows, people stroll curiously looking at the beautiful things on display. Flower beds are painted red and rays of the sun almost disappeared between the buildings, peek out in the streets towards that red that in a short time, with the lighting of the street lamps, will become a purplish blue that with its shadows will hide, the light of the previous hours. Loris now fifty years old, with a sculpted physique from the gym, comes out of a shop holding two bags full of gym clothes, stops for a moment to look at the time and while he is preparing to call a taxi with his mobile phone, here, in front of as if by magic, he finds himself after almost fifteen years Roberto, just forty, dressed in a jacket and tie that hide a lean model physique. The tuft on her forehead moves with his hand and stares incredulously in front of him the other, Loris. Their eyes meet, their smiles become a rainbow on a rainy day and immediately a hug. A hug like that of a distant day when Loris had been afraid of Roberto's age, eighteen against his thirty, perhaps too many, just as the love that bound him to him was too much. Fear of him made him lose his confidence and serenity, transforming that possible future love into an older brother's affection towards that of a younger brother. He had never known how Roberto, that blond boy with gray and sad eyes who had seen him leave after a caress on his face, had taken his estrangement. They hadn't left each other badly, but inside each one there was an incredible regret and the dream of being able to find each other again tomorrow and who knows ... - I can't believe it's really you, after all this time - - You still look like you used to, you haven't changed at all - - All this time, what have you been up to in life? Who knows who you will have become ... - - Well I've had some success. And you? Won't you tell me what you did when I was gone in your life? The cars whiz along the wide avenue, people walked quickly on the sidewalks and they find themselves sitting at a table in a trendy bar with two fragrant coffees in front of them. - If you have time ... And if you want, let's talk a bit - I must have been so lost in that moment Dance floor dust Blinding lights on the dance floor We were never completely satisfied then kisses and hugs in the crowd Feet moved and remember again The way we were so close in the dark The music was a thrill and magic in the dark. And there I missed the chance to make you mine, to hold you but to be lost in your eyes. The magic of the music continued with our shivers on me but I hadn't dared. Now I understand it, now I understand my mistake. - That evening, when I said goodbye, I should have walked you home - Yes, you should have done it - - Yet it seemed right not to even if ... I loved you. - - You never left me since that night, at least in my heart you know? - - Even then I tried to say goodbye, some things stay with you for life. - - I know they stay all your life. - Now they are together, walking in a side street full of trees and closed rooms, they are close, their arms touch each other, stop and look at each other again. - The street lights paint your face Roberto. - - It's late Loris, I hope to see you again and soon. - - Maybe and .. If you want it, angel with eyes of heaven. - - Yes, I want. - Giampaolo Daccò.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento